Australians love spending time outside. And many are also embracing this lifestyle at home by creating outdoor rooms where they can entertain, eat, and relax in the comfort of their own backyard. This year, outdoor living is even bigger and a lot of designers and home improvement experts are placing extra emphasis on creating beautifully designed outdoor areas. Let’s have a look at the top trends for outdoor rooms in 2016.
1. Sustainable lighting Lighting plays a big role in creating a homey, comfortable and enjoyable outdoor area at night. This year a lot of focus is placed on replacing outdated and harsh lighting with softer, modern lighting features. LED technology has evolved significantly and people now have the option to change to this long lasting and energy efficient solution without compromising on style. LED lights are available in a large variety of beautiful designs and systems. These warmer coloured lights are often used as ceiling lights or path lights which can be dimmed and brightened. LED café lighting or string lights are also used in combination with more standard lighting systems.
2. Bringing the indoors outside An outdoor room is no longer regarded as an add-on to the home, but rather an extension of it that seamlessly brings the indoors out. Outdoor rooms are mimicking the indoors with similar furniture, colours, texture and décor styles. Some are even bringing a few of their favourite pieces of art or accessories outside. To make the transition between the inside and outside rooms as seamless as possible and to protect this beautifully designed area, many are adding features like retractable roof systems and outdoor blinds or aluminium shutters to the outdoor rooms.
3. Unique flooring In 2016 outside flooring should be as beautiful and elegant as the flooring inside. People are no longer limited to plain wooden decks and concrete, but can choose from a large variety of flooring solutions such as decoratively designed, stained or finished concrete, stained and treated decking ,wooden tiles in various colours or varied shades of stones and brick.
4. Mixed materials Another trend that is making its mark both indoors and outdoors is mixed materials, which subtly promotes the fusion between the outdoor and indoor entertaining space. This trend uses carefully placed contrasts in colours, textures and designs to create a dynamic visual impact. It allows you to break away from matching styles and experiment by mixing and matching different pieces and elements. Try combining natural materials like wood and wicker or stone and teak, with stainless steel or other metals. Modern furniture can also be combined with eco or vintage pieces.
5. Fire features Beautifully designed fire pits and outdoor fireplaces are the centre pieces of outdoor areas and rooms in 2016. These features are often placed as focal points around which family and friends can gather. Not only do they create a cosy and warm atmosphere, but also warm up the area during colder autumn and winter evenings.
Products like outdoor blinds, aluminium shutters and retractable roof systems can add a lot of comfort, privacy and protection to your outdoor room throughout the year. Bozzy Shade Blinds manufactures and installs a large variety of stylish, quality outdoor products such as outdoor blinds and aluminium shutters in Perth. Their range of products is manufactured with the highest quality materials to ensure that they can withstand the harsh Western Australian weather conditions. All their products are available in a variety of colours and styles and can be custom made to fit your outdoor area perfectly.