Johnny has band practice Monday afternoon at 4:30pm, your partners got a breakfast meeting on Tuesday morning at 7:30am and Sarah's award presentation is at the school at 10am. Life is busy isn't it?
Every household member has their own appointments, meetings, lessons, events and so on. I get a headache just trying to remember it all. Sure you can put it in your diary and/or your phone but what about the other family members schedules. What if they have an event that conflicts with yours? That's when things really do get complicated.
A couple of years ago my Mother in law gave me a fabulous calendar for Christmas. It's not your normal calendar with a different picture each month and those little tiny boxes for each day. This calendar is called a 'Family activities Planner' and it's by Sasco. There is a column for each family member for each and every day of the year.
What's so good about it?
1) It has a separate column for each household member.
2) Comes with brightly coloured stickers that can be stuck on to remind you of a special event, occasion or appointment.
3) Has lots of space to write about any appointment for each household member.
4) It's blank type template means you can completely customise it for your family's needs.
5) It's under $10 with a little handle ready to hang it up in your home.
6) Larger than most calendars, it stands out and is easy to see.
7) Has a notes section at the bottom of each month.
Where can I buy it from? Officeworks.
Customising it for your family:
Use a different coloured highlighter for each household member.
Each family member can have a column each with their name on it.
Hang it up on a wall or inside your pantry cupboard so each household member doesn't forget to check it.
Add any new appointments or events as soon as you become aware of them.
Get the kids to decorate it with light coloured pencils to make it look nice. Perhaps they could draw an event that is happening that month. Example: Draw your Christmas Tree on Decembers page.
This makes it super easy to know who is doing what, going where and when. Never miss an event again.
Can you recommend other tools to help families stay in sync with each other's schedules? How do you keep track of your households schedule?